Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Home, home on the studio range

The last 20 months have been a wild ride for me, in all positive ways.  I frequently feel awash in gratitude for everything that's come my way--marriage, baby, a growing list of fantastic partners and clients.  

The most recent addition to this whirlwind is the house my husband and I bought!  We waited 7 months for our deal to go through--a short sale, that wasn't--but now we're in and I've moved the studio once again to come live with us. It was a tough decision to leave my current and relatively new studio, but it became clear that it would be redundant to stay.  Close ties still remain to Manifold and Merkled nevertheless!

The new challenge is creating BB | Studio's new home in our attic. Here's how it looks today (while my 'office' remains at the kitchen table :). The only thing we've touched so far is tearing out the carpet.
I'm so excited to see it evolve and grow. 



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Attics are great for studios. It's quiet and concentrating is easier because you know that you are on the top room of the house away from other things. Personally, it's strange that it's like entering another world. But not all attics have the same feel, some are neglected. Glad to see, that you've made use of the attic room and didn't let it became just a storage room. Attics have a lot of possibilities. I can be a library, a dormer or even be the master's bedroom. It will depend on the purpose and the owner's preference. How did the complete transformation of this attic go, by the way?

Complete Lofts

Post a Comment